Pasta e Fagioli - Pasta with Kidney Beans
This pasta dish is perfect for a cold winter’s night!
Paired with Vieni's 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 ounces pancetta or smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Elbow Pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, pancetta, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
Add the broth, beans, and herbs. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then decrease the heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the pasta and boil with the lid on until the pasta is al dente. Season with ground black pepper and the Parmesan.