- 160 grams of Niagara Food Specialties Guanciale – thickly sliced 1/3”
- 750 ml of Tomato
- 120 grams of Pecorino cheese
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Chili peppers (as desired to taste)
- Black Pepper (as desired to taste)
- 200 ml of Vieni Estates Sauvignon Blanc White Wine
- Cut Guanciale into 1 inch segments slowly render in saucepan. Once fat is rendered and Guanciale is translucent, remove Guanciale from pan and reserve.
- In a sauce pan, to rendered guanciale fat, add onions, Chili and black pepper.
- Sauté mixture until onions are sweating, approx. 10-15 minutes onions should be translucent, then add the White Wine and increase heat. Let the wine reduce.
- Then add tomatoes to sauce pan. When tomato comes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and add cooked Guanciale.
- Bring 4-5 L of water to boil.
- Add 2 TBSP of salt; add 450 grams of Bucatini pasta.
- Stir occasionally to avoid pasta sticking to the pot.
- Once pasta is al dente, drain pasta.
- In a large serving platter, add pasta, tomato sauce and grated Pecorino cheese.